The Helmsman Project’s volunteer coaches are an extraordinary group of people. Our coaches generously contribute their time, skills and expertise to deliver our innovative program. Without them, it wouldn’t be possible for The Helmsman Project to help young people develop important life skills and contribute to positive change in our communities.
Why coach with us?
Coaching on The Helmsman Project means getting involved in a unique coaching program underpinned by world-leading research in coaching psychology and adventure education. Most of all, it is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people.
As a volunteer coach you’ll also get to:
– Work alongside leaders in coaching psychology
– Participate in The Helmsman Project induction, which includes training in developmental coaching
– Receive professional development through fortnightly supervision sessions
– Gain experience applying developmental coaching methods with young people
– Network with our talented volunteer coaches
In exchange, you’ll donate your knowledge and you time, specifically:
– 10 x 2hr coaching sessions in schools located in Western Sydney over a 12-13 week period
– Two adventure education trips:two -days and five days, aboard a yacht or hiking and camping.
Are you the coach we are looking for?
We would love to hear from you if you have:
– Professional coaching experience
– Interest in working with adolescents
– Professional indemnity insurance
– Working with Children Check (free for volunteers)
If coaching with The Helmsman Project sounds like an opportunity you might be interested in, contact our Coaching Manager, Charmaine, at email@example.com