We are very excited to be launching a brand new opportunity for graduates of our programs: The Helmsman Project youth board.
This is an important part of a broader initiative we are also launching called 'The Helmsman Alumni'. We hope this network will bring exciting and interesting opportunities for graduates to continue their learning journey and contribute to the community.
The Helmsman Project youth board is a select group of The Helmsman Project graduates who will engage with our board and staff. It aims to provide our alumni with leadership opportunities as well as give our organisation the chance to hear and include the voice of ‘young people’ in our planning for today and tomorrow.
The Helmsman Project youth board will:
1. Take a lead role in coordinating and developing initiatives to engage The Helmsman Project stakeholders and in particular The Helmsman Alumni
2. Provide comments to The Helmsman Project staff and board of directors on initiatives and direction of the organisation
3. Engage/participate in The Helmsman Project initiatives and events
4. In turn, participate in The Helmsman Project board meetings as observers
5. Learn about and gain exposure to boards
To review our youth board charter, click here.
The Helmsman Project is currently taking applications (only from graduates of The Helmsman Project). To apply, please submit the following information to CEO of The Helmsman Project, Kim Larochelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date CV
- A letter answering the following questions:
- What did you learn about yourself from your participation in The Helmsman Project program?
- What do you hope to learn from your involvement in the youth board?
- What strengths would you bring to the youth board team?
- What is one idea of initiative you would like to see created for graduates of The Helmsman Project?
- If you are under 18 years of age, also include this consent form, completed and signed by your parent/guardian
All the best with your application!