In any company, listening to the voice of customers is key to understanding the market, innovating and growing.
The Helmsman Project for purpose sector is no different. The problems we are trying to address with our services, however, are usually much more complex and systemic, requiring a multipronged approach and a very long term strategy. In this environment, keeping our finger on the pulse is even more critical.
It’s in line with this that The Helmsman Project conducted in-depth stakeholder-wide consultations in 2016. And at the start of this year, we decided to bring the voice of our key clients, young people, inside our organisation. We created The Helmsman Project Youth Board.
It is with great pride that I introduce you today to our inaugural Youth Board members: Adwithiya Puri, Justin Whiting, Rader Antwi and Rashad Nadir. You can meet them here.
This new, exciting initiative, will enable us to more easily include young people in our decision making, while providing them with opportunities to further develop. More precisely, the role of our youth board will be to:
- Take a lead role in coordinating and developing initiatives to engage The Helmsman Project stakeholders and in particular The Helmsman Alumni
- Provide thoughts and insights to The Helmsman Project staff and board of directors on initiatives and direction of the organisation
- Engage/participate in The Helmsman Project initiatives and events
- Participate in The Helmsman Project board meetings as observers
- Learn about and gain exposure to board
We hope this network will bring stimulating and interesting opportunities for our graduates to continue their learning journey and contribute to the community.
On another note, they say that good things come to those who wait… I’m therefore pleased to invite you to take a sneak peek at our newly released 2016-17 annual report. Happy reading!