We're looking for an administrative assistant to join our team! Here are all the details:
The Helmsman Project is looking for an enthusiastic assistant to join its team.
Your role will be diverse. You will provide essential administration support while also enjoying the opportunity to put marketing, communications, fundraising and operational skills to great use.
As part our small, dynamic team, you will have an opportunity to make a real difference to the growth of our young organisation and be supported through ongoing professional development. You will be working alongside industry experts.
Casual basis with a minimum of three days per week available to start; salary package of $50,000 p.a. on a pro rata basis (salary benefits available due to The Helmsman Project’s charitable status)
The position will be located in Mosman at The Helmsman Project offices (free parking available on site; conveniently located on the 244 bus route). Transport to/from The Helmsman Project partnered schools in Western Sydney may also be necessary on occasion.
Report to: General Manager
Work closely with: General Manager, Head of Fundraising, Coaching Manager and others
Duties and responsibilities
Develop a close working relationship with The Helmsman Project team
Schedule and coordinate meetings
Undertake searches for the organisation and prepare various material/documents
Monitor info@ inbox
Attend meetings and contribute to coordination
Attend board meetings and prepare minutes, as required and possible
Coordinate volunteers, as required
Other general administrative tasks
Marketing & fundraising:
- Prepare promotional materials
- Assist in the coordination of key fundraising events
- Take promotion photos/footage for events, as required
- Assist with completion and submission of grants, and updating of grants calendar
- Coordinate donor communication associated with direct marketing fundraising programs
- Draft and coordinate postings on social media
- Write newsletter articles and case studies
- Update website content, as required
- Update The Helmsman Project annual report
- Assist with database maintenance and follow ups, including data entry and donor information
- Data entry tasks and processing, e.g. receipts, payments
- Assist in the coordination of program administration and events, which may include:
- Follow up schools on student applications and parental consent forms
- Communication with schools regarding key dates includes adventure trips
- Assist with collation of program evaluations
- Assist with collation of coaches information (WWCCs, contracts, etc.)
- Revise/update/convert program information materials: school delivery guide, applications, FAQs, powerpoint presentations, induction/training materials etc.
- Assist with the planning of graduation ceremonies
- Passion for achieving quality results to further our cause
- Strong written and verbal communications skills is a must
- Willing to grow and learn within a close-knit and supportive team
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, prioritisation skills
- Ability to demonstrate a can-do attitude, open-minded, strong team player with good interpersonal skills
Send your cover letter and resume to General Manager Kim Larochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 28 February 2018.